Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Everything is meaningless?

Today, we begin Ecclesiastes, written by Solomon. Ch 1-4 begin in somewhat depressing fashion as Solomon points out that there is nothing new under the sun, and that everything under the sun is meaningless. Solomon has lived with all of man's pleasures and experienced more than most and has concluded it to be meaningless apart from God. See ch 2v24. I can relate in Solomon's vanquish in that I am never satisfied for long. I pursue wealth, only wanting more. I pursue pleasure, only wanting more. I pursue security, only wanting more. It is through God that I feel most satisfied. Knowing God will protect and provide gives me more safety and security than anything else. Solomon was right. Without God, everything under the sun IS meaningless!

No comments:

Post a Comment