Thursday, December 13, 2012

Faith is Being Certain, even when blind

Ch11 in Hebrews can be referred to as the "Believer's Hall of Fame". There are multiple examples of men of faith. Men who believed in God and His promises, and did things out of their comfort zone. Ch11v1 is a real keeper for me, "Faith is being sure of what we hoped for and certain of what we do not see". Are we certain? Are we sure? Or do we doubt. Honestly, I struggle with doubt at times. There is much that I do not understand. Looking back at the men in ch11, I see that I am not alone. Many doubt. But, keep focus. Don't allow doubt to lead into despair or rejection of faith. God's ways are not man's ways. The story is not over yet! Ch12v1-2 talk about endurance, keeping eyes on Jesus. It is not easy, but the reward is beyond imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment