Monday, February 18, 2013

What is your cross?

What is your cross? Jesus notes in Mark ch8v34-38 of the cost of following Him. One must turn from their selfish ways. If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. Coming from a recovery background, I can appreciate the simple truth to this. If I had continued in my prevvious ways, I'd be worse for the wear or perhaps dead. But Christ has saved me and changed me. It did not happen overnight. Took years of success and failure. My cross of self-centered behavior kept me from the pure joys of knowing and walking with Christ. Now, I better understand giving up my life to and for Jesus. He wants to reward and bless us, but cannot do that when we are so focused on blessing ourselves. Our blessing pales in comparison. So, count the cost, but know that it is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment