Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Amazing Love

As we hit Romans 4-5, we see Paul digging into some deep theology, justification. By doing certain things, we deserve, we are justified in our actions right? Not so fast. The Law God has provided only shows us that we are unable to earn salvation. We fall short of God's perfect standard. Is all hope lost then? Certainly not! Paul declares God's love for us by explaining Jesus' sacrifice. In Ro 5:8, he notes that while we were sinners, He sent His son to die for us! I don't know about you, but I do not give even simple gifts to those I do not like or get along with. Actually, my selfish nature can keep me from giving to those I do like. But what God did is amazing. He provided the solution, even when that is rejected. Amazing love doesn't begin to describe!

No comments:

Post a Comment