Friday, November 23, 2012

Troubles or opportunities?

The troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever! Paul writes this in 2 Cor 4:18. It is true today as well. What troubles got better through worry? What have we solved by fretting? Do the troubles of today seem like impassible mountains? What about the mountains of yesterday? Not as big now? Do we look for the joys, or merely focus on the troubles. Good questions we must meditate through. The news cycles nowadays does not help, only focusing on the negative. Gossip doesn't help either. We are constantly trying to build ourselves up at other's expense. As I pause for thanksgiving thought, I need to remind myself that God is higher than any mountain. And that by faith, those mts can be moved. I need to adjust my focus...there is joy to be had!

No comments:

Post a Comment