Friday, January 25, 2013

Show us a sign

I'll bet you never considered yourself a Pharisee....I certainly didn't. But as I read Matt ch16v1-4, I cannot count the times I have pleaded,, beggeed and prayed to God to fix something on my timeframe, and in the way I wanted it done. In the verses, the Pharisees are demanding a miraculous sign. As if Jesus has not shown enough already. Think about that in your life too, the amazing miracles God provides us each day. Instead of complying with their demand, Jesus gives them a sign that foreshadows his death at their hands. But don't miss the temporary nature of His death, like Jonah, it is only to last 3 days. This is the most incredible miracle ever. Not that the P's understood, we don't fully some 2000 years later. Jesus does show miracles daily, we just need to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment